How do I Review Granular Insights Connected Operations?
For US Accounts only - Differences in Field Boundaries between Corteva Fields and Granular Insights were made with a one-time reconciliation process that did the following:
- Field boundaries that existed in Granular Insights and were missing or didn't match existing boundaries in Corteva Fields were added to the domain tree in Corteva Fields.
- Farm and Field structure in Corteva Fields may have changed if they differed from Granular Insights.
- Previously deactivated/hidden fields may now be showing active/visible in Corteva Fields.
- Boundary edits made in either Granular Insights or Corteva Fields are now synced.
It is strongly recommended that the farm and field structure, fields, and field boundaries of operations with Corteva/Granular connections be reviewed for accuracy. Completing this review now will ensure that critical business activities, such as adding crop zones, seeding prescriptions, or generating reports are correct and do not contain unanticipated errors.
- Access to Pioneer Field360 Studio or Corteva Fields is required.
- Fields to be activated/deactivated can be completed in Corteva Fields.
While this process can be completed Field360 Studio, we are advising to start the review process in Corteva Fields.
- Navigate to the Operation and Crop Year to be reviewed.
- Review the Field List to identify any of the following:
- Missing Fields
- Duplicate Fields
- Fields without Boundaries
- Fields under incorrect Farms
NOTE: The process to sync information between Corteva Fields and Granular Insights did not delete any farms or fields.
- Missing and Duplicate Fields can be activated/deactivated using the Edit Farm/Field Status feature in Corteva Fields
- Fields without boundaries can be removed in Corteva Fields by either:
- deactivating the field (see step 3 above)
- Removing the field in Corteva Fields through the I Want To... menu, selecting the for Fields and then selecting the fields to be removed.
- Fields under incorrect farms can be transferred back to the correct farm using the Edit Field tool in Corteva Fields.
NOTE: Edits made in Corteva Fields or Field360 Studio will be reflected in Granular Insights.
Tips and Tricks:
- The “Default Farm” is created when fields exist in Granular Insights without a farm name. "Default Farm” cannot be edited or deleted. Use Transfer Domain to move the field to the correct farm or to a new farm if needed. After the field has been moved out of “Default Farm,” use the Edit Farm/Field Status to deactivate the “Default Farm”.
- For John Deere machine data to flow to all of your Corteva digital tools, link MyJohnDeere with Corteva Fields ONLY instead of Granular Insights. Please avoid linking MyJohnDeere in BOTH Corteva and Granular.
- Only raw data and not field operations data move from system to system, which is why yield maps aren’t identical. Machine data will need to be uploaded via Corteva Fields File Upload tool or Granular Insights. If using Granular Insights, please check the Corteva data connection and verify that ‘Send Field Data’ is selected for the data to flow to Corteva.
NOTE: If field names are edited in Granular Insights, the new field names will update in Corteva Fields. This is designed to maintain consistency for advisors and customers when working together. Edits to farm names in Granular Insights will not impact farm names in Corteva Fields.