Threat ID F.A.Q.
The purpose of this article to address the most commonly asked questions pertaining to the Threat ID feature in Pioneer Seeds. If there are questions that are not addressed for this article or any related article, please submit the question for further review.
What is Threat ID and How do I use it?
- Threat ID is a tool available in Pioneer Seeds that allows the user to identify a Threat affecting their crop (plant) by simply taking a photo with their mobile device.
What is Threat ID able to Identify?
- Identifiable threats include diseases, pests, or nutrient deficiencies affecting your crop plant.
- For a detailed listing of identifiable threats please refer to the article: What Threats are Identifiable with Threat ID?
What should I do if I keep getting the message "Unable to recognize threat"?
- Make sure that "Best Practices" are being followed to successfully capture and image that Threat ID can analyze.
- It is possible that your threat is not identifiable - see What is Threat ID able to Identify?
- If your Threat is listed as Identifiable and you are still receiving this message, please take a picture of the Threat using your mobile device and contact your Corteva Agronomist.
What are the best practices for taking an image of a threat?
- Hold device about 10 inches from plant, image should not be blurry.
- Avoid shadows, ensure adequate lighting for clear image.
- Focus on a single threat within the image.
My Threats Detected does not list a threat but rather shows that my plant is healthy, why?
- No Threats were detected on your plant and we were able to determine that the plant you took the image of was healthy.
- Please note that the Threat ID feature is used to identify threats affecting your crop plant and will not identify separate plants (i.e. weeds) as threats.
I don't agree with the Threat Detected Analysis, what should I do?
- Please share the Threat Detected document with your Corteva Agronomist explaining the discrepancy, so that we can work to improve our Threat Detection Model.
The disease, pest, or nutrient deficiency is not in the list of Identifiable Threats, how do I get this added?
- Please reach out to, and work with, your Corteva Agronomist to help you identify the threat correctly. Initial contact should include an image of the new threat and a description of what the crop and threat are displaying.