Data Connections F.A.Q.
Why did we change the way Data Connections are made? Why is this required now?
- Data privacy is utmost importance to Corteva™ Agriscience. The previous connection solution was not in compliance with John Deere requirements. The new connections solution will be an annual renewal process that puts the decision in the customer’s hands to complete.
- Corteva Fields is a sales tool, therefore we want our customer experience to be driven by the sales representative. This resolves the pain point in today’s workflow that forces a customer to create a Corteva Fields account for this one time task.
- From a technical perspective, John Deere has changed authentication for tools that allow Corteva to pull data from the John Deere operation center. If we do not upgrade to the new authentication method by 2021, data will no longer flow to our tools.
What are we doing to improve the Corteva customer experience?
- We acknowledge it’s not ideal to be asking the same customers to renew connections across multiple digital tools, and at different points in time. (e.g. Granular Insights, Granular Business and Corteva Tools). The digital product teams are actively discussing how we can work on a streamlined customer experience for data connections.
What information is shared between Granular Insights and Corteva Fields?
- With a one-time opt in from Granular Insights, planting, harvest, and application files uploaded in Granular Insights will flow automatically to other Corteva digital tools. (Instructions can be found here)
- Planting, harvest, and application files uploaded to Corteva Fields after May 15, 2020 will flow automatically to Granular Insights when a connection exists.
- Data edited in Granular Insights is protected from being automatically overwritten by any new duplicate data.
- As of October 2020, When a Corteva connection exists for US operations, field boundaries and farm names will be synced with your Corteva digital tools, ensuring your consistency between applications.
- You may opt out of sharing data between your Granular Insights account and Corteva Fields at any time by selecting the Corteva icon on the Data tab on the Connections menu, and removing the Corteva connection. While this will prevent any future data from being sent or received between Granular Insights and Corteva Fields, it will not delete data in either system.
NOTE: This data flow will not apply to data that comes to Granular Insights from John Deere connections.