What Should I do After Uploading Data?
How do I know if my data arrived where intended?
- Data processing varies on the load of data being pushed to the system at the time. The recommended time span to wait is 2 to 4 hours, however, during heavy data upload times this can span 6 or more hours.
- The best way to know if data has arrived at an operation is to open Pioneer® Field360™ Studio to the expected crop year. Select FieldOps>FieldOp Viewer and review the data located here.
Why are no boundaries showing for my operation after data upload?
- Uploading data will not trigger any creation of boundaries. Boundaries can be created in Pioneer® Field360™ Studio or Corteva Fields using several methods.
Why isn't the data displayed under the operation's field boundaries?
- The data may be unlinked.
- To verify this select FieldOps and then Spatial FieldOps Linker to see all unlinked data for the currently selected crop year. If data is found it can be linked manually.
How can an unknown or incorrectly assigned crop/commodity be changed?
- If a crop or commodity is incorrect it can be fixed by using the FieldOp Resource Linker found under the FieldOps menu. As-Planted crop can be assigned incorrectly and the FieldOp Resource Linker can be used to link data to the correct crop. Harvest data can have incorrect commodities assigned or no commodity at all. Again, this can be corrected using the FieldOp Resource Linker.
Why does my harvest data not display a valid yield?
- If the crop/commodity is not set correctly the data will not be able to correctly calculate yields from the provided data entries. Setting crop and commodity can be done using the FieldOp Resource Linker in Pioneer Field360 Studio.
What kind of reports can be generated in Corteva Fields?
- Operational reports can be produced within Corteva Fields and downloaded to be sent to other users via email or printed for customers to take with them. The reports that can be generated include: