How do I Split Field Boundaries into Two Fields?
Field Boundaries play an important role in all aspects of Pioneer® Field360™ Studio and Corteva Fields services. Review the field boundaries each year as early as possible to avoid issues later in the year. Pioneer® Field360™ Studio has boundary editing options that are not available in Corteva Fields.
- Operation is created in Connex.
NOTE:To create a new Operation or add an existing operation to your Operation list, contact your Territory Manager, who will work with NAO Master Data to have the Operation added to your AAR.
- Boundaries are created.
- Updating Field Boundaries may not automatically update crop zones or field-level layers such as Encirca Decision Zones layers.
- Select Operation and Crop Year in the Grower window.
- Select the Farm and Field in the in the Resources window.
- Select the Editor icon at the top of the Map Panel.
- Select Boundary Editor.
NOTE: When the boundary editor is open, the currently selected field boundary displays in red. Interior lines such as waterways display in green. If the boundary is already separated into regions that can be selected/highlighted in blue independently, skip to step 4.
- Select the Split Polygon tool.
- Starting from outside the boundary, draw a cutting line/polygon by clicking point to point, double-click to end the line/polygon.
NOTE: The cutting polygon should end outside of the boundary. At each spot where the cutting line/polygon comes into contact with the boundary, it creates a cut. Think of the field boundary as a piece of paper and the Split Polygon tool as the path a scissors follows.
- Click within a polygon on the map to select it. The selected polygon appears in blue.
- To transfer to a new field, select the Transfer Polygon icon to open the Pick Domain Window.
- Select a destination field from the Pick Domain window.
- To create a new field using the selected polygon, select a Farm in the Pick Domain window and select the Add a New Field to the Selected Farm icon at the bottom.
- Select OK to finalize the transfer.
- A prompt asks if the intention is to Replace the existing boundary or Merge the boundaries together.
- Replace deletes the existing field boundary on the receiving field and overwrites it with the selected and transferred polygon.
- Merge adds the selected and transferred polygon to the existing field.
- After finishing all edits, Select Save.
- Select Close to turn off the boundary editor.
- Select Yes, when prompted to update the crop zone boundary.
- New farms and fields might not display in the correct order after creation. Refresh the grower after modifying the boundary by selecting View and then Refresh Grower or by pressing F5 on the keyboard.