How do I Auto-Build Field Boundaries from Machine Data?
Machine Data is spatially linked to boundaries in Pioneer® Field360™ Studio. Operations with no field boundaries, uploaded machine data will not link. However, the Spatial Field Ops Linker in Pioneer® Field360™ Studio can create boundaries from data and link data to that boundary if a user prompts it to do so.
Caution: The quality of the fields produced depends on the quality of the data in the monitor. Farm and field names and borders will match exactly what was recorded in the monitor. It is advisable to review the data in the Spatial FieldOps Linker to verify that Auto-Build is the best choice for the situation.
- Monitor data uploaded for fields without boundaries.
NOTE: Pioneer® Field360™ Studio is an internal program available to Pioneer employees.
- In Pioneer® Field360™ Studio, in the Grower window, select the Operation and Crop Year. NOTE: In the toolbar above the map, click the transparent regions icon to turn transparency off. Verify that it is not highlighted in a yellow box.
- Open the FieldOps menu.
- Select Spatial FieldOps Linker.
- In the toolbar, locate the text Show.
- Open the Show drop-down menu to select a task.
- Review the data. The quality of the boundaries created depends on the accuracy of the data organization in the monitor.
- If data organization is satisfactory, Select the chain-link-over-a-field icon to Auto-Build.
- In the Auto-Build Parameters window, customize these guidelines:
- Selection - determines which data will process.
- Remove holes - toggles the degree to which holes in the data remain in the final border.
- Remove Slivers - toggles the degree to which slivers in the data remain in the final border.
- In the Selection tab, choose from these options:
- Selected - build boundaries for only the row or rows highlighted in the Spatial FieldOps Linker.
- All - Processes all unlinked data for the specific task loaded.
- Machine - does not work with Pioneer® Field360™ Studio.
- In the Remove Holes tab, chose from these options for addressing wide gaps between loads:
- Gentle - only remove small holes. The program will assume that medium and large holes are intentional and include them in the final border.
- Moderate - Removes small and medium-sized holes. The program will include large holes in the final border.
- Custom - set a smallest hole size to keep in the final border.
- All - removes all holes, including none in the final border.
- In the Remove slivers tab, chose from these options for addressing thin gaps between loads:
- Gentle - only remove small slivers. The program will assume that medium and large slivers are intentional and include them in the final border.
- Moderate - Removes small and medium-sized slivers. The program will include large slivers in the final border.
- Custom - set a smallest sliver size to keep in the final border.
- If all guidelines are satisfactory, Select OK to proceed.
- Select OK to the pop-up description of the upcoming task.
- Once the process is complete, Select View.
- Select Refresh Grower.
- The new farms and fields exist in the Domain Tree and data is linked.