How do I Update the Encirca Decision Zones Layer?
Sometimes, changes must happen to a field after recommendations have already been generated or crop zones have been placed. When these changes are made, it can seem that the web site has not recognized these changes. This is because the Encirca Decision Zones (EDZ) layer found under the crop zone does not change automatically. This rule protects variable-rate recommendations from changing unexpectedly. However, the field-level Decision Zones (DZ) layer does catch changes to field boundaries, irrigation status, and yield history.
- Farms and field boundaries created.
- Crop Zones assigned.
- An Encirca Decision Zones layer created.
- A recent change made necessitating an update to the Encirca Decision Zones layer, such as:
- Change to field boundaries.
- Change to crop zone boundaries.
- Irrigation Layers created.
- New past yield data uploaded mid-season.
- Access to Pioneer® Field360™ Studio.
WARNING: Deleting the Encirca Decision Zone layer removes any Encirca recommendations on that field, including Stand, and Nitrogen. Please verify that there is no concern for these services before proceeding.
Clear Old Encirca Decision Zones Layer and Verify Inputs:
- Log in to Pioneer® Field360™ Studio using Corteva™ Fields email/password combination.
- Select the Operation and Crop Year in the Grower window.
- Select the Farm, Field, and Crop Zone, in the Resource window.
- Right-click the Encirca Decision Zones layer, found under the crop zone.
- Select Delete or Rename Layer.
- Verify that the Decision Zones layer contains the changes you expect. If so, proceed to the next section. If not, check the following for accuracy:
- Field boundary.
- Crop zone boundary.
- Irrigation layers (if applicable).
- DZ Yield Zones and Surface layers (if applicable).
Encirca Decision Zones Reset Procedure:
- Right-click the Decision Zones layer, found under the field.
- Select Copy Layer(s).
- Select Copy to Crop Zones.
NOTE: This layer is not automatically renamed.
- Right-click the new Decision Zones layer found under the crop zone.
- Select Rename.
- Name the layer exactly: 'Encirca Decision Zones'
- Proceed to Corteva™ Fields to reset yield targets and regenerate affected recommendations.