What can I do with the Pioneer Seeds App?
The Pioneer Seeds app offers several types of features whether you are a Pioneer or Non-Pioneer customer. Features currently available for use in Pioneer Seeds are:
- Rate Estimator calculates the number of seed to plant to obtain a desired plant population, and the cost associated with that seeding rate.
- Digital Bag Tag displays the optimal planter settings and product information by simply scanning your bag tag or entering your Batch ID.
- Yield Estimation estimates corn yields by taking pictures of corn ears.
- Quick Note provides Pioneer customers a way to record and share various areas of concern on their fields.
- Observations provides Pioneer customers a way to view or share their recorded observations of previous areas of concern on their fields. .
- Seed Placement creates seed plans by placing specific seed products on your fields. Placed products flow to Corteva Fields and will display in generated reports (Map Based Planting Plan, Seed Placement Summary, Farm and Field Proposal)
- Weather Data displays weather data information at a glance.
- Weather since planting will be shown for products with a planted date. All weather data is updated once a day at 12:00 AM EST.
- GDUs are a measurement of how much heat a crop has been exposed to and help predict when a crop will reach maturity.
- Satellite Imagery can be used to identify nutrient deficiencies, application errors, pest stress and disease, weather damage, and potential equipment, irrigation, or drainage issues.
Pioneer customer that have Linked their BPID have access to all features.
- Non-Pioneer customers only have access to Scan Bag Tag and Estimate Planting Rate.
- Farms and Field Boundaries must be created in either Pioneer® Field360™ Studio or Corteva Fields.